As we close the books on 2021, we wanted to look back on the topics that resonated with the readers of Urban Land Online in the past year.
Many of our popular articles for the year were future focused, including Emerging Trends in Real Estate® 2022 and the future of cities based on Gensler’s Morphable Office concept. ULI’s global awards were also a popular topic with nine developments earning this honor. The future of retail was highlighted as Vancouver’s malls are experiencing a transformation adding multifamily and hotel often close to transit. Lastly, what design trends will shape the future of cities in the coming years.
Here are the top five most popular articles from 2021:
- Emerging Trends in Real Estate® 2022: Flexibility, Convenience Will Shape the Next Decade
- The Future of Cities after the Pandemic
- Nine Developments Selected as Winners of the 2021 ULI Global Awards for Excellence
- From Ordinary to Extraordinary: Added Density and Mixed Use, Vancouver’s Mall Redevelopments Charge Ahead
- Six Urban Trends Shaping the Future of Cities
Thank you for your many thoughtful comments on these stories. We are looking forward to another great year.