This post originally appeared on Marketplace Advertiser, QuantumListing Blog and is republished with permission. Find out how to syndicate your content with theBrokerList.
How do you keep up to date with what is happening in the commercial real estate industry?
Commercial real estate is a large industry and there are lots of resources out there. QuantumListing is here to help you navigate some of the less traditional resources (i.e. not newspapers or trade magazines) to make sure that you stay up to date on industry tips, tactics and networking. That’s why this week we would like to share with you some great ways to make sure you stay “in the know.”
- One of the best resources to learn the most current industry standards and trends is to read up on this year’s DNA of #CRE survey, which dissects every aspect of the commercial real estate industry and breaks them down into sections. Because this is all survey-based, the information you read is raw data that comes from commercial real estate professionals just like you! Click here to check out this past year’s results!
- Another great way to stay up to date on new trends as well as helpful tips is to join the monthly #CREMarketing call. Hosted by Sarah Malcolm, Linda Day Harrison, and Joshua Lyons, each month the call focuses on a different topic with new guest panelists. The calls are full of important information as well as groundbreaking discussions that will ensure you are on top of things and never fall behind. Not to mention they are a wonderful networking opportunity!
- Casey Flannery and Melissa Alexander co-founded #CREchat, an online twitter chat focused on important and new commercial real estate topics. What started out as a way for the two women to continue to stay in touch and network transformed into a national community of thousands. The next #CREchat is this Thursday, May 13th at 7:30pm central time if you would like to connect with others and learn new insights from fellow professionals across the country.
- With the trend of podcasts, it shouldn’t surprise you that there are plenty of terrific commercial real estate podcasts to listen to. The aforementioned #CREMarketing call as well as #CREchat both host their own podcasts. The call and twitter chat came before the podcasts, but the creation of the podcasts are testaments to the success of both #CREMarketing and #CREchat. Other podcasts to check out are CRECO.ai’s FriedonTech, which touches upon all things real estate and technology and of course Howard Kline’s CRERadio is a must. For an even more comprehensive list of commercial real estate podcasts, check out QuantumListing’s website crepodcasts.com.
- Another great way to stay on top of commercial real estate news is to head over to the website that has the largest network of commercial real estate professionals in the country. What is the largest commercial real estate network in the United States, you ask? That’s right, LinkedIn! This is one of the best ways to connect with others and read up to date posts. Not only that, but LinkedIn is a great place to look for listings. QuantumListing even shares every listing to LinkedIn and you can share your own listing or QuantumListing profile directly to LinkedIn easily in less than a minute.
- Last but not least, we are thankful to have so many amazing people come on our webinar series as guest speakers to share their knowledge and expertise. We have had a terrific variety of experts speak on so many relevant and important topics from taxes to marketing and everything in between.
Do you have another commercial real estate resource that is worth sharing? Please comment below so that our community can continue to stay informed and “in the know”!